Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lunch Idea: Salad With SUPER DUPER EASY Vinaigrette

 
 Last week, I made this yummy salad for lunch and super duper easy vinaigrette to drizzle on top and couldn't wait to post it on the blog. It was so good and the cheapest salad dressing ever. 
I'm one of those people who has to have at least one multi-colored meal a day. Salad is the perfect option for me because not only am I getting a lot of color, but I'm eating raw veggies which provide me with a great fiber and mineral boost and let me tell you...I definitely need that in the middle of my day! For those of you that work, this would be the perfect salad dressing to keep at your desk and use on your salads for lunch. 
Do you have a favorite homemade salad dressing?
 
Vinaigrette Recipe
 
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Dijon mustard or your favorite mustard
1/4 cup white wine, red wine or sherry vinegar
3/4 cup olive oil, extra virgin

1. Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a 2 cup measuring cup. Whisk with a fork until salt is dissolved. Slowly add the oil in a stream, whisking. This vinaigrette will keep covered at room temperature for 1 week or in the fridge for 1 month!

-------------------------

1 comment:

The Pfannes Family said...

This sounds delicious! I love honey mustard, so this sounds good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails